Painted the Brake Callipers

Next up I decided to do a cheap mod while I couldn't afford to do anything substantial.

Decided to paint them red to match the car, red's also quite a traditional colour for painted calipers. Went for Hammerite's smooth red and painted it on with a brush, rather than spraying as you can be more accurate.

First off I cleaned the cruddy calipers with some Halfrauds brake cleaner, it turned out to work pretty well actually, so I'd recommend picking some up if you are going to be attempting the same job.





I started off just painting the caliper itself not the carrier.




Didn't think it looked right, so I painted the carrier too.



Looks pretty good in my opinion, nice subtle change and when I get new wheels it should set those off a treat.

You can pick up a tin of hammerite smooth red, the same as what I used on my calipers from amazon, just click the link below to go straight to the page. An alternative to tinned paint is aerosol spray tins, really is just a preference to which you use, I just thought it would be easier to use brush on paint.



Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.