MG ZR Rear Bumper Fitted

I spotted this bumper on theMGZR.co.uk forums in what was described as 'off trophy blue' and decided to buy it on a whim.

I was hoping to source a solar red one to avoid having to get it sprayed, however, it was a good price so I went and picked it up.

The overall condition of the paint wasn't great, but structurally it was straight.

Before the respray I wanted to make sure it fitted ok, so off with the standard one and on with the new one.

MG Rover 25 rear bumper removedRover 25 MG ZR Bumper Trial Fit

All looked good, so off it came ready for paint. Whilst the bumper was off I decided to get the cleaning kit out and spruce up the body a bit to protect against future corrosion. Sorry for the poor picture, hopefully it's evident it's a bit cleaner.

MG Rover 25 rear bumper and lights removed

I was toying with spraying the bump strips around the car body colour, but eventually decided against it as it would set my car apart from the MG ZR. I also thought the black red contrast looked pretty cool.

Once the bumper was sprayed, I siliconed the original bump strips in.

MG Rover Rear Bump Strip RemovedMG Rover Rear Bump Strip

Once the silicone had set I got the bumper fitted to the car.


And finally, wheels back on and back on terrafirma. What is just a simple rear valance has completely transformed the back end of the car, absolutely worth the effort.

MG Rover 25 with ZR bodykitMG Rover 25 with ZR bodykit


Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.