X-Power Caliper Vinyls and Brake Paint Refurb

Due to the impending refurb of my spare set of alloys, I wanted to tidy up the brake/wheel area.

Using some Halfords Brake Cleaner I got most of the crap off the calipers, then took a wire brush to them, and finally sanded the main face. I sanded the main face ready for the white X-Power vinyl decals I acquired to go there.

I got the vinyls from a member of theMGZR.co.uk (Dazzer) who runs his own custom vinyl business, very nice chap. Got them specially made up the right size for the 1.4 calipers.


I repainted the calipers in the same Hammerite smooth red as before.



The calipers needed two coats of paint to get them looking as good as they could be, wanted to give them a good going over so they last a fair while.

Whilst I was there I noticed my new mintex discs had gone rusty in the non contact areas. This was making the wheel area look very untidy. So I painted them with black engine enamel, which not only covers up the rust but should prevent any more rusting.

All in all the wheel/brake area looks a treat now, makes it look very fresh and a bit sportier/newer.

(Note: In the pictures the before shots are of the opposite side to the finished shots as I forgot to take pictures of the process on just one side.)


Before 




Painted



Applying the Vinyl



Finished



Finished - Wheels On


Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.