Door Card Clips Replaced

Over the winter a couple of clips broke that hold the door card to the door frame. Apparently this is a common thing with Rovers, so I ordered a few off of ebay.

Got 10 for something like £2.50 posted, cheap as chips.






First job, get the door card off. If you want to know how I did that, take a look at my door card removal guide here - Door Cards - Removal and Refitting

After fetching the door card off, I noticed that one clip (the broken one) was still stuck in the door. You could also see that almost all of the clips were a different type. As I had bought 10, I decided to swap them all out for some new ones. Compared to the ones that were on it, the new ones looked a lot meatier too. After swapping them all out, I just put the door card back on and all is well. Holds nice and tight against the door.


Broken Clip



Mixed Old Clips



New Clips


Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.