Face Off Grille Project - Finished and Fitted

Finally, I put the finishing touches to my custom Moto build face off grille and get it fitted to the car.

If you've missed any of the progress posts you can catch up using the links below.


To finish it off I only had a few jobs left to do; spray the fully formed mesh satin black, create some mounts to secure the mesh to the grille, and apply the final coats of lacquer.



I laid down two coats of Halfords lacquer, the second 15 minutes after the first, then let it dry. I was really pleased with the finish, glossy deep colour and little to no orange peel.


Using Halfords satin black spray paint, I put down two coats on the mesh. 

To hold the mesh to the grille, I used some left over fibre glass resin to hold on some cable tie fixing points, simple plastic eyelets you can pick up from most DIY shops. Then just placed the mesh on the grille and cable tied it in place.



Finally, after quite a bit of fettling and fine tuning the face off grille was complete and fitted. In my opinion it's a vast improvement over the original chrome grille, instantly adding a more sporting look. Once the MG ZR body kit is on the car (which is on the list of things to come) the car's exterior will be looking great.

Although not the cheapest mod, it's definitely one with a lot of impact, completely transforming the front end.

Standard Rover 25 Grille vs Custom Face Off Grille

Face off grille close ups



Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.